Monday, November 10, 2008

Resurrection of the Blog

It has been a while since I had wrote in a blog, I'd actually have no idea why people like to blog, but I guess I am starting to understand the feeling of sharing things with people. It might be a change in me that made me feel this way, or do we call this maturity?

I still do not think I am mature at all, many things in this world are left unlearned, and what I have learnt is just the tip of an iceberg. Still, what I need to learn now is the English law, which I am taking a degree on, of course.

Writing a blog of course, helps in this. Improving my English while doing this is a better way than just reading notes and stuffs. Now, now, what I have been writing is all about.. "I" or simply
"me".. I myself felt that I am just a little too selfish in things. Thus, we have to start thinking where we could make the "me" into "we"!

Things have started quite OK since the days of lectures and tutorials, and I was lucky that I do not feel regret in taking law itself. We as students should usually not regret in things, as one should have made the correct decision since the starting point itself. Regrets are not good things, yet it remind us of what we used to be and how immature we were. How much we could do in life would eventually become less and less when we grow into a more mature stage.

Well, since we have to appreciate the life of a college student now, lets go do something fun! Well, I do have something fun to share with people here! A game of World of Goo. Quite an original puzzle game, go and try it guys/gals! Use torrent to download it.. its only 60 Mb. Here's the link.

And also for those who are using torrent and experiencing bad speed. Read this below.

Might as well write a new post about this. My favourite bittorrent application is a specially configured version of Bitcomet 0.64. It seems to bypass Streamyx’s throttling, maxing out my connection every time. You don’t have to perform port forwarding either. It seems to work better without port forwarding. You can download it here

http://www.mediafire.com/?yq7wnlwnzpi

Don’t change any of the settings for it. Just change your default download folder.

Additional Instructions:

For vista:
And if you have not increased the number of max half open connections on vista yet, do it asap.

http://torrentfreak.com/optimize-vista-for-bittorrent-emule-p2ptv/

that link will show u how to do so on vista.the default half open connections on vista is only 2 ( default for xp is only 10). This means that your computer can only wait for 2 other connections.this slows down bittorrent a lot.

For windows xp:
follow this link to remove the limit on half open connections. i set mine to 500
http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497

hope this helps

PS. This seems to work best for people on windows xp. A Vista user reports tremendous increase in his bittorrent download speed by performing the TCP/IP patch.

PS: The above issue on BitComet are all copied from another blog, credit to http://konchy.wordpress.com/2008/08/21/bittorrent/

Oh well, I guess I have to stop here. Let's wait till I have some things to share with you guys/gals!

3 comments:

§oŁЇtǺ®ÿ ®o§ě said...

I was pretty entertained with your post until you started launching into the....computer lingo..then I just got lost and blur...LOL...Blogging is good..takes stress away...no shit man!

Cfwhy said...

Yep, blogging is a way of self reflect, not a bad thing at all.. and publishing it out produce accountability!

Wei Shin said...

er...I blog for RANT !
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA